Subscribe to this blog for FREE

If you would like to subscribe to this blog, please send an email to bilal071@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dealing with Bad Beats

This is a topic that is very near and dear to my heart, as I am pretty much always on the stupid side of them... in recent memory, I don't even remember the time when I was on the winning side... don't get me wrong, it's not that I have never won a hand coming from behind, but when my money goes in, I am generally aheads... sometimes i might only be slightly ahead, but ahead still... you get the picture...

But most often, I lose only when I am being handed one bad beat after another by the poker gods... and I don't complain that much about em as long as they happen once every 7-8 hands... but when they start happening every other hand or more importantly every key hand, I just blow a gasket... not in a going on tilt kind of way, but just being furious...

So, the question is what do you do when that happens... cuz, the problem is that if you are a half decent poker player, you will always be on the recieveing end and never on the giving end of stupid bad beats... I guess in a sense you can consider that as a compliment to your poker playing ability, but quite frankly I don't give a f**k about compliments when it comes to poker... all I care about is my bank roll and that it continues to grow...

So far in my short poker career, I have not come across any proven strategy to deal with them... some say yoga, or just go walk around for a bit before you start playing again... others say that the only real way to get over a bad beat is to hand it to someone else as well... but I don't think that is something that is actually in your control.... my personal half-baked solution is to just take it in stride and b*tch and curse in private if you must... take some time off from the game till you are mentally ready to start playing again...

Do you have any good technique ? would love to hear from anyone who has anything to offer... please leave a comment or two if you get a chance...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're encountering a lot of poker bad beats, it's a sign that you are playing well and against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone.

Anonymous said...

When you're just starting out playing poker, you want to play poker, and that means staying in hands that aren't very good just to be part of the action. But playing more doesn't mean winning more, it usually means losing more.

I suggest you to read poker tips here.

Anonymous said...

Online poker - Free $50 Shark bankrolls for start playing
No need deposit bankrolls for play
Just register on one of poker partals and sign up absolutly free bonuses.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating No Limit Hold'em - Advanced Concepts and Key Hands blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Dealing with Bad Beats Blog is so perfect!
--------------------------
Our www: No Deposit Poker & Free Poker & Poker Cash